The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive than its predecessor the Data Protection Act, along with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), seek to protect and enhance the rights of EU data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU and its storage within the EEA.
- XTS UK Ltd - based at Sovereign Chambers 42 Upper King Street, Royston SG89BA, which hereafter for the purposes of this Privacy Notice will be referred to as the Company.
- Who We Are - The Company is a privately-owned business providing purchase or rental of our GPS tracking/services and Stolen Asset Recovery product/services.
- Personal Data a) The Company uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email you information concerning your enquiry.
- b) For marketing purposes, the Company may use the contact details provided by you to respond to your enquiries including making telephone contact, emailing information to you which we believe may be of interest to you.
- c) In you making initial contact you consent to the Company maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. At all times, the business will work hard to be fully GDPR compliant.
- d) Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence, when you visit a branch, from phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to, personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. The Company may, from time to time, use such information to identify its visitors. Additional information may be collected from you when you visit the company. Copies of these documents will only be retained for the duration of the hire agreement and will then be shredded.
- f) The Company will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with the products and/or services it provides; the business does not sell or broker your data.
- Legal Basis for Processing any Personal Data - To meet our contractual obligations to customers and legitimate interest to respond to enquiries concerning the products and/or services provided.
- Legitimate Interests Pursued by the Business - To promote our products and/or services regarding the purchase or rental of our GPS tracking, Surveillance services. Communications may include direct mail, email, newsletters, telephone calls, social media and any other channels to reach those who may be interested in our services.
- Consent - Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to the Company processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by using the postal, email address or telephone number provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
- Disclosure - The Company will keep your personal information safe and secure, although our administration team will have access to your contact details so that they can manage your account. The Company will not disclose your Personal Information unless compelled in order to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental requests. The business may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of its staff.
- Data Retention Policy - We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Any data collected of a sensitive nature is typically retained for 30 days after the final day of any given project unless authorised to delete or extend the period by the client. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for seven years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data.
- Data Storage - All Data is held in the United Kingdom. The Company does not store any personal client and employee data outside the UK. Basic client data is also stored on MailChimp which is GDPR compliant as they have they have signed the EU-US Privacy Shield.
- Your Rights as a Data Subject - At any point whilst the Company is in possession of, or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that the Company refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
At your request, The Company can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
- You can request the following information:
Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of the Company and information about these interests.
The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
How long the data will be stored.
Details of your rights to correct, erasure, restrict or object to such processing.
Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
- To access what personal data is held, identification will be required - The Company will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If the Company is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released. All requests should be made to email@example.com or by phoning +44 (0) 844 858 4654 or writing to us at the address below.
- Complaints - In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by the Company you have the right to complain to us. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the ICO
XTS UK Ltd
42 Upper King Street
Tel: 0844 858 4654 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org